Marbella property market
Are you coming to Marbella or the nearby areas (Estepona and Benahavis) to look for a property to purchase?
This is the latest Marbella property market report from Panorama, Marbella’s longest established estate agency.
We have summarised the main points from the report below. See the full report here.
Historic market activity
- historic sales peaks in the high-end market in 2021
- continuing throughout 2022
- Marbella has worldwide recognition as the highest quality resort destination of its type in Europe
- Marbella rose to fame in the 50s-60s as “the southern California of Europe”
- mildest winter weather in Europe, quality infrastructure, high standard of international schools, shops, restaurants and sporting facilities
- 52 golf courses just in the province of Málaga
- luxury real estate destination
- won the coveted award of European Best Destination 2022 for being the most prestigious and exclusive destination in Europe
- second prize for the Best Overall Destination, beating the likes of Monte Carlo, Gstaad, Capri and Madeira
Growth and success
- Marbella enjoys a true 12-month “open for business” season
- normal high, shoulder and low seasons have changed – no low season and instead a strong “shoulder seasons” of autumn and spring merged into one
- there have been more than 2,000 additional companies created in Marbella 2019 – 2022
- lowest unemployment figure in all of Andalucía
The “Golden Triangle” of Marbella-Estepona- Benahavís is for all practical purposes, one market area.
“The market demand in the first semester of 2022 represents an incredible increase of 73% of sales over same period of 2021.”
Get to know the area
If you are thinking about buying property in this area, book a villa for short or longer term rental with Luxury Villas Marbella so that you can properly explore all the areas and understand what each area offers you.
We have villas in Marbella, Estepona and Benahavis areas, from 3+ bedrooms.